Booking and ticket issuance can be made through the Company’s Central Agencies, while the issuance of tickets can also be made through our affiliated Travel Agencies and the website of ALKO Travel Agency.
- PASSENGERS’ TICKETS
- a) Each ticket is issued in the passenger’s name, is personal and non-transferable. It is valid only for the date and the trip which it was issued for.
- b) In accordance with Community Directive 98/41/EC and for safety reasons, registration of persons is mandatory for each voyage. For the purpose of registration, tickets are issued in the PASSENGER’S NAME and must definitely indicate:
* The passenger’s full name
* Sex: Male / Female
* Age: Adult / Child / Infant
- c) At issuance, the passenger is strongly recommended to give their contact phone number (preferably mobile) to allow notification in case of delay, postponement or cancellation of the ship route. In case of the passenger’s REFUSAL to disclose their contact information, this is recorded in the ticket issue system.
- d) Ticket issuance on board is prohibited by law.
- e) Tickets must be issued within the set deadline from the date of reservation, for which passengers are informed by their Travel Agent. Otherwise, the reservation is automatically cancelled.
- f) Children up to four (4) years: the issuance of a zero fare ticket is mandatory.
- a) Passengers must board the ship half an hour before the scheduled time of departure. Should, for any reason, they miss their departure, they are not entitled to a fare refund.
- b) All passengers should be able to present their valid travel documents. The Company reserves the right not to allow boarding in case of a passenger not having the travel documents required.
- TICKET OPTION DATE
Tickets must be issued within a specific time period following their booking, of which passengers are advised by their travel agent. If tickets are not issued within this period, the booking is automatically cancelled. The Company reserves the right to change the time periods of option dates.
This option is:
HIGH SEASON: June 15 – September 15
– 3 days following the booking
– 3 days before the departure
LOW SEASON: September 16 – June 14
– 10 days following the booking
– 1 day before the departure
- OPEN-DATE TICKETS
Open- date tickets are valid for one (1) year from the initial travel date or from the date of the ticket issue in the event that no travel date is mentioned and are not accepted for boarding. It is necessary that the initial ticket be replaced with a new ticket before boarding. If, until the date of travel, the fare has been increased, owners of such tickets must pay the difference.
All tickets may be changed into Open Date Tickets up to one (1) hour prior the time of scheduled departure.
- PREPAID TICKETS
We would like to inform you that our company supports the service of prepaid tickets (PTA). All prepaid tickets must have been printed before boarding. Prepaid tickets must be printed through the company’s central offices, the central port agents or the company’s ferry ticket booths on each departure port before boarding the ship.
- TICKET CANCELLATION & FARE REFUND POLICY
From the ticket issuance:
Up to 7 days prior to the scheduled departure of the ship: Tickets can be cancelled without cancellation penalties (100% refund) as long as the whole body of the ticket is returned.
Up to 4 days prior to the scheduled departure of the ship: Tickets can be cancelled with a 75% refund of the fare, as long as the whole body of the ticket is returned.
Up to 1 day prior to the scheduled departure of the ship: Tickets can be cancelled with a cancellation penalty of 50% (50% refund), as long as the whole body of the ticket is returned.
NOTE: All tickets may be changed into Open-Date Tickets up to one (1) hour before the time of scheduled departure.
After departure: tickets cannot be cancelled or changed into Open-Date Tickets and the date of travel may not be changed.
Tickets are cancelled by the company’s Central Offices and Central Agents and cannot be cancelled over the phone. Interested parties must hand over the tickets to the aforementioned agencies or offices.
All changes, modifications or cancellations of tickets are made only in accordance with the rules of cancellation policy and without any additional charge at the central offices of the company, as well as at the central port agencies.
- LOSS OF TICKET
In case of ticket loss, passengers must purchase a new ticket in order to travel. Then, they must inform the company about the loss in writing stating all the details of the lost ticket (date of travel, itinerary, number of the lost ticket), the number of the newly purchased ticket and a photocopy of it.
If, according to the company’s records, the lost ticket has not been used within one (1) month from the date of travel, the company shall replace it with a ticket for the same route and class as the lost one. A statement of loss of the ticket shall be submitted to the company’s offices by fax.
- a) The company makes every effort to meet the scheduled routes stated in its brochures and website. However, it reserves the right to modify them if necessary and after approval of the Port Authorities.
- b) The company bears no liability for any cancellation, delay of route due to adverse weather conditions or orders by the competent Ministry and the Port Authorities or due to force majeure, made for the safety of passengers.
- c) Should the scheduled route not take place for reasons attributable to company fault or for reasons of force majeure (e.g. the ship has been detained due to weather conditions), passengers are fully refunded of the ticket price.
- CANCELLATION OF TRAVEL DUE TO ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
The tickets of a cancelled departure are not valid for embarkation and must be exchanged with valid tickets for the next scheduled departure, pending on availability. In case of a departure being delayed or cancelled, passengers are kindly requested to contact the company’s port offices in order to be informed about the new departure time.
After departure: tickets cannot be cancelled or changed into Open-Date Tickets and the date of travel cannot be changed.
- TICKET CONTROL ON BOARD
The Officers of the ship carry out ticket controls upon boarding and during the voyage. Upon such controls, passengers are required to present their tickets, as well as any documents that entitle them to a reduced fare ticket.
- a) Passengers may bear hand luggage of up to 50 kilos, without paying an extra fare. Persons with mobility problems, apart from their hand luggage, may bear any equipment or aids that enable them to move independently without paying an extra fare, irrespective of weight.
- b) Luggage must be placed in specially designated points of the ship, according to the instructions of the crew.
- c) Valuables, money and expensive items may be given to the Officers of the ship for safe-keeping. The company bears no liability in case of loss of such items kept in luggage and not handed over to the Officers of the ship for safe-keeping.
- d) If passengers choose to look after their luggage themselves, the company bears no liability for possible damage or loss.
- e) Passengers who have lost or found an item are kindly requested to inform promptly and before departure the Officers of the ship or after disembarkation, the Company’s Customer Service Department, tel.: (+30) 210 4292092, e-mail: [email protected].
- a) For sanitary reasons, pets are not allowed in all indoor common areas of the ship.
- b) Dogs, if moving (always with a leash and accompanied by their owners) must necessarily wear a muzzle.
- c) Passengers who travel with a pet must always have its recently updated health booklet, a transport box for pets up to 10kg or a muzzle for pets over 10kg with them, and be responsible for the pet’s care, safety and sanitization.
- d) Unaccompanied pets are not allowed on the ship.
- SAFETY POLICY
- a) Passengers are prohibited from carrying guns, cartridges, explosives, flammable substances, incendiary fuels and generally dangerous materials.
- b) For safety reasons, all passengers and all items brought on board may be searched. Persons refusing to comply shall be denied access on board and shall be reported to the appropriate port authorities.
- c) All passengers are required to present their ticket, passport, identity card or any other official documents to the ship’s authorized personnel. The company reserves the right to deny embarkation to any individual who does not possess valid travel documents or fails to prove their identity beyond any doubt. After boarding, disembarkation without permission of the ship’s Officers is prohibited.
- SMOKING PROHIBITION
Pursuant to L.3730/2008 smoking is prohibited in all indoor common areas of the ship. Passengers may only smoke in the designated areas on the open decks.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
For any queries, comments or remarks, passengers may contact the company via e-mail at [email protected].